Tuesday, March 26, 2013

club

Its 6:32pm on Monday night and I'm standing in a garage in the middle of Chesapeake singing Taylor Swift with my teammates in preparation for club.  Its freezing... we prepared everything for club stood together and prayed... we were on holy ground.  Who knew that I would every think a two car garage was holy ground but it is.  In a little over half an hour kids would be piled into this garage ready to sing, to laugh and to hear me talk about their need for a savior.

Its 8:24 and I am now screaming that very same Taylor Swift song with a few high school girls. I am laughing and jumping around and all of a sudden Nacho (yes that is one of my teammates names) grabs me and pulls me out of the crowd and into the attached house.  He has a panicked look on his face covers his mouth and goes "A boy threw up." "Ok." I responded "is he ok? Does he need to leave." "No Katie, he threw up in the laundry room, he didn't make it to the bathroom." Meanwhile I am supposed to be running the game and eventually giving the club talk. "I can't go in there Katie I'm going to throw up." I just said "Its, ok Nacho I will clean it real quick." A Few seconds later I am searching this family's house for paper towels (don't worry the family wasn't home and they had no paper towels) and bleach.  Finally I am hands and knees on the floor cleaning up puke... yes I get paid for this.  If you have read my posts before you know I have been housekeeping boss many times so I knew what to do but I couldn't help but laugh.  

I didn't know who Dom was but he eventually walked passed and I shut the door thinking it was another kid but I made eye contact with him.  I know he was embarrassed  and I'm sure he felt bad that I had to clean up his throw up, who knows maybe he didn't care but I was thankful.  It was Dom's first time at club, he saw me cleaning up his mess and then 20 minutes later telling him his need for a savior.  
  I am so thankful the Lord let me do the lowly things so I could later do things that are glorious only because of God's name, what a crazy thing to experience.  Please pray for Dom as I still don't know where he stands but I do pray he felt loved and of course he feels better :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment