Monday, September 3, 2012

top 20

Once again time got away from me but here I am BACK IN ACTION! Since there are just too many stories to tell here is a list of 20 things that have gone on in my life since I've last posted:

1. Went on assignment at Young Life's Saranac Village in Saranac Lake NY (july 26-august 24)
2. Was a housekeeping boss on assignment thus learning how to thoroughly clean vomit out of carpet  (yes this is indeed part of my job on Young Life staff... and I'm not kidding.)
3. Learned that baptism is beautiful and necessary.
4. Broke up with a boyfriend.
5. Fell deeper in love with the Bible
6. Broke a rib (still recovering... currently on muscle relaxers)
7. Coordinated a beautiful wedding for two sweet friends.
8. Got a pair of vans... I swore I would never fall into the ways of Chesapeake, yet here I am.
9. Became a dance coach for the Hickory HS Hilites
10. Realized that I am WAY overcommitted for this fall.
11. Turned 24
12. Cried... a lot.
13. Laughed more.
14. Realized the only hobby that I truly enjoy is being with people... all of the time.
15. VERY reluctantly skinny dipped for the first time (the action not the frozen yogurt shop)
16.  Made new friends
17.  Said "see you soon." to one of my best friends sweet sweet Stephanie.
18. Learned that my compassion is a gift and a curse
19. Saw some old friends
20. and last but certainly not least...Fell even deeper in love with the ministry of loving lost HS students to the foot of the cross.

I am learning a lot about myself.  This year is going to be tough I can already feel it... the Lord has some huge plans of which I may not seem ready for but I know that He has me and will give me boldness when needed and confidence when necessary for now I will just sit in trust and REMAIN.

Exodus 14:14
"The Lord will fight for you, you need only be still."

Something I am not too terribly good at... but he is calling me to be still when it seems that all I do is run around.

 A few of my housekeepers in the assigned team house: The Guidehouse



my housekeeping girls (all in HS,) from left: MK, myself, Daisy, Meghan and Rachel
 Being silly always...



The Housekeepers and Laundry girls we called ourselves #HKLF standing for Housekeeper laundry friends. From Left: Kyle, Daniel, Jenna, Natalie, Zach, Me, Joe, MK, Daisy, Meghan & Rachel.


Every bus that comes to camp gets a HUGE welcome by the work crew (this is just a few of us in between buses)... all the kids will run off the bus and run through our gauntlet of high fives and screams... almost as if they were being welcomed into the kingdom of heaven... I can't wait for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment